Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hikikomori








I feel ambivalent and disconsolate today, finding no reason to face this frenzied world anymore. Stranger's faces on the city streets are growing ever more discouraging. Is it time to isolate myself, to cut myself from the hurries of outside life and be alone? I can have everything I want delivered, without even answering the door. What is out there that I can possibly hunger?  Society of clowns and poorly dressed buffoons?  People. They have no style, sometimes I think on purpose. To make the world look drearier than it is. Me? I have my dog, she is pretty and sweet, albeit slightly neurotic. She loves watching me play with clothes, always keeping me company and following me like a tail. Sleeping next to me as I write, she doesn't know what might happen, but I'm sure she will be happy to just stay home with me. Perhaps it's enough for both of us. That, and an occasional interaction with a mailman is all we want from humans.









Vintage Honda jacket. 

T-shirt by Truly Madly Deeply from Urban Outfitters. 

Jeans by BDG.
Socks by Happy Socks. 
Boots by Betsy Johnson. 
Pearl necklaces from Mexico. 
Earrings unknown. 
Vintage silver collier from a flea market in Paris.  
Track by San Francisco dream-pop duo The Billinda Butchers.
Red Bull Total Zero. Always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment